Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Latter-Day Lent: Day 0

I hour ago I saw this goofy post on Twitter that reminded me that Lent starts tomorrow. As a Latter-Day Saint, I've never practiced or acknowledged Lent before, but the thought about it got me excited about a rought idea I could follow. I'm a big phone addict, and I check my phone far too often, engaging with Google Searches and games all the time at home. these things are even a distraction at work, many times. I don't know nearly enough about Lent, never having been taught about it, but I understand those who practice it give up something from the day of Lent to the day of Easter. This year, that will be 46 days from February 17th to April 4th. I'm not sure that this is something I can keep up with, but it's something I'd like to put honest effort toward. I don't feel like I have my spiritual dimension worked out very wll, and it would be nice to learn to focus my attention and energy to things that help build me up and improve myself. So I only have a vague idea of how well I can commit to this, but I'm going to try to do my own Latter-Day Lent, focusing on minimizing my attachment to my phone. I've deleted all the apps on my phone for gaming and learning (Pokemon Go, Elvenar, TFT, languages for Chinese and Japanese, Duolingo, etc.) I will limit myself to 5 minutes a day on Chrome for rudimentary searches and ban myself from using YouTube at all. I'll come back tomorrow with a 5 minute post about how it was to follow this and thoughts on how I can modify it to make it more sustainable and rewarding for me. --Joshua

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home