Latter-Day Lent: Day 3 & Finding my fire
Today went well, for a Friday. Things are shaking up a little bit at work, with tons of new samples bound to come over the next couple of weeks. It's kind of like the calm before the storm.
I didn't forget my phone this time, so I did feel it a lot stronger that I really wanted to turn to it for something interesting. I didn't really do anything with it, though I did check email and messages more than I normally would have. I've decided if I'm going to do things it's going to be on my PC. I listened to music during work, and checked Pokemon Go during lunch to see if I could get in a raid with Emily, but that was basically it.
I did get an email for REC Silicon about their Q4 earnings call. I tried to call in but I wasn't permitted to listen as a non-investor. Thankfully, they provided a transcript of the call on Seeking Alpha. It was really fun to read what they have going on.
I did a very short internship at the REC Silicon plant in 2014 through my friend's dad, and I really loved it. I love the technology and process so much and I keep coming back to it as my ideal job setting. They make the base material for solar panels there, and there is also a lot of potential with adapting their technology for electric car batteries. I've learned quite a bit about the technology, and I borrowed two books from the BYU library to learn more. I applied to a rival company in Tennessee that has their own polycrystalline silicon manufacturing, probably a Siemens process to produce electronics-grade silicon.
Today's been a good day, I'm just fired up about all of that. Emily and I are talking about going to drive all the way around Utah Lake to catch the sunset and maybe then do Hruska's. I'm excited and hope we can make it a memorable weekend.
--Joshua

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home