Monday, February 22, 2021

Day 5: Narrowing Focii

Today was another success with limited phone use at work. It was a good day, too. I feel like I learned a decent amount and had a good time.

I was interested to learn a little more about how our department at NuSkin works. NuSkin has many products that it develops and produces. Some of those it owns, like Wasatch and Elevate Labs. NuSkin also hires out other manufacturing companies. In like manner, NuSkin's own manufacturing facilities produce for other corporations as well. Today I noticed a product we had to test from a Unilever subsidiary. It feels great to see the big picture coming into place.

There are all sorts of things I'd love to do, but one of my big focuses is learning more about polysilicon production; that's the manufacturing process that produces refined material for making computer chips. I got a couple books about it and I love to dive into the details so much. Today's was that the FBR model for making polysilicon had been a working concept for a long time. REC Silicon was among the first to make it into a full-scale process, but tons of other companies, including the precursor for REC's Moses Lake plant, Union Carbide, was aware of the idea and had been working out problems with the reactor design before 1990, well before REC brought their plant online in 2006.

Still working on my spiritual goals. More updates tomorrow.

--Joshua

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home